I’m going to try to think about the blog as column of features. Friday will be instructives on terms and understanding the game, but Monday will be a double feature (until the college season is over) including this one that I’m calling for now “Basebits”: a bulleted list of some stories I found interesting in last week’s baseball news. Of course I’m getting a bunch of them from twitter and other blogs I read, but the links are to original sources.
Basebits for the week ending 2/25:
- Facebook may be live streaming a game each week in 2017. MLB trying to work out a deal.
- Sanders Commings is trading the pigskin for the outfield.
- There are interesting ways in Minnesota to get ready to pitch.
- The MLB commissioner and the players union may be on a collision course.
- 5 pitchers had breakout seasons last year. Here’s how they could do well again this year.
- Cincinnati’s Joey Votto may be a man out of time.
- Sammy Sosa and the Cubs not getting along isn’t new.
- [Fav Cubs story] Fowler leaving means there’s a new leadoff hitter.
- The Indians are still reliving game 7 of the World Series.
- Bleacher Report has ranked the top 100 players at Spring Training this year. As there should be, a lot of Cubs are listed (8 of the 100 plus former Cub Dexter Fowler)